Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fragrant Flowers

Flowers leave some of their fragrance in the hand that bestows them!  Greetings, friends, Mindy here with this week's card for the weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.

The theme this week is to use embossing folders  to give your card texture. I love embossing folders, and usually use at least one on each card I make.  On this card though, I went a little crazy using FIVE different design folders to give my card texture.


I started by preparing my background for the front of my card. I used the Stripe Background folder by Darice to emboss the yellow top, and the Bricks and Bark, by Spellbinders, for the green base. A coordinating ribbon was then added where the two embossed backgrounds come together to cover the joining.

I stamped the Delightful Daisy stamp from Heartfelt Creations twice on watercolor paper. I colored the daisies and leaves with my Color Bursts from Ken Oliver Crafts. When the watercolors were dry, I cut out the petals with the  coordinated Delightful Daisy dies, also by Heartfelt Creations.

I also embossed the violet daisy petals with the Lattice embossing folder by Crafts, Too!, and the yellow/orange daisies, with the reinforcement rings folder by Cuttlebug from my stash. The leaves were embossed with the Dots folder from Crafts Too!, before being glued to the card front with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. I then gently shaped each daisy petal with the Paper Blossom Tool Kit, being careful to not erase the designs from the embossing folders.

To complete my card, I stamped a phrase from the Iris stamp set by Our Daily Bread Designs, and adhered it to the front with foam tape. I tied a loop bow from ribbon in my stash, and tiny knots for the centers of each of the larger flowers.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my card, and hope you will be inspired to submit a card of your own to our challenge. 


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

No comments: