Monday, October 12, 2015

Faux Fall Leaves

Hi, it is Shirley, posting today. I have made a card for the "Colors of Fall" challenge this week. Fall is definitely here, but the leaves are not turning yet, maybe in a three weeks. I am enjoying the nice fall weather. It is so nice to be outside this time of year.


I started with a white card base. The next layer was cut using the Mandarin Curious Metallic paper. I layered it with white card stock, that I embossed with the Anna Griffin Matelasse embossing folder.

I used glossy card stock and the PoppyStamps Fluffy Feather die to cut the three feathers. I used various inks to achieve the colors of fall. I swiped the colors across the glossy feathers. I chose this technique because once it was done, the feathers reminded me of colorful leaves.

I popped the feathers/leaves up on the white embossed paper with Joy Large Foam Pads .

I added the striped Ribbon to give the appearance of tying the feathers/leaves together.

I stamped the sentiment using Sweet 'n Sassy Keep in Touch, Too stamp set. I used the Mandarin Curious  Metallic paper and the A2 Divine Eloquence dies to layer behind the sentiment.

For the final step to my card, I added Orange and Silver Rhinestones.

I am happy you came by today, and I hope you will join us for the challenge.


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Loving that embossing folder showcasing the GORGEOUS fall colors here! The knotted ribbon and colorful rhinestones really enhance your beautiful autumn card!! You sure know how to celebrate fall in a colorful way!! HUGS!