Thursday, October 29, 2015

Seeds of Today

I love sunflower seeds, along with all the birds and squirrels in my yard.

Mindy here, with a card that is bright and sunny, and corresponds with our challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such blog.


I tried a fun technique I saw demonstrated on YouTube, where you can use an edging die over and over to make an interesting and different background for your card background.

I then stamped the Sunflower Stem Pre-Cut Set from Heartfelt Creations on white stock, colored and shaded it with various markers, then fussy cut around the flower and several of the sunflower seeds for my focal image. 

To give the card a little more texture, I added a length of Ivory cotton Cluny Lace across the bottom of the card. Using Joy! Large Foam Pads, attached the flower, along with the sentiment from the set, and a tiny squirrel from the Squirrel Set by Impression Obsession.
To finish my card, I added a little bling with Silver Rock Candy from Queen and Co. for dimension. 

Have a wonderful week, and be sure to join us for our weekly card challenge. It is so much fun, and you could win a wonderful prize if your card is selected. 



There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

No comments: