Monday, October 12, 2015

The Still Woods

Hello!  Diana here with a very fall card for this week's Colors of Fall challenge. The best thing about fall are the gorgeous colors (and warm drinks, sweaters, cool air, apple picking). Yep, I love fall.


To make my fall color card, I started with the Memory Box Garden Birch Trees stencil taped to white card stock. I then masked off a curved piece of copy paper and sponged in some hills. I then sponged the rest of the card with Squeezed Lemonade. 

Next, I covered the hills and misted my paper with a Spritzer Bottle. I then added my color bursts Alizarin Crimson, Orange, Lemon Yellow, Pthalo Green.

So that it would look like individual leaves, I did not squeeze my bottles but just shook it out onto my stenciled paper. I wanted individual drops of color and not too much blending. Because I had already sponged the background yellow, I wasn't worried about covering up any white with the color bursts.

I then cut out the birch scene with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A, and then also some green card stock with the largest die, to have a double mat against my Kraft base layer.

Though I hesitated to cover up my background, I did just enough to be able to see that it was a wooded background. I used two of the dies from the ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern for my focal point.

By using Vellum as one of my matting layers, I was able to have a mat for my Scripture stamp, and yet still see my background. The verse was done with White Detail embossing powder and then I added a twine bow.

Thank you so much for looking and I hope you get a chance to play along!


Don't forget to check out the NEW section at Classy Cards 'n Such. Release from 2015 collections are being added every day! When you check out, don't forget to enter your discount for a great savings!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

kellymotz said...

How in the world did you tape it down that well?! Amazing from bottom to top.

Diana Nguyen said...

Don't skimp on the masking tape! I taped all the way around instead of just the corners or sections of it. :)