Thursday, January 21, 2016

Fairyland Butterflies

Hi! Diana here with a simple yet striking card. I really like the dramatic effect of black against an abstract background. 

To create my background, I smooshed some different colors (Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac, and Broken China) and spread them on a watercolor sheet using clear cardstock. I then die cut the Memory Box Fairyland Butterflies out of black cardstock and used Ultra Thick Embossing Powder on the entire die cut. It made the butterflies dimensional and shiny. 

I then trimmed the watercolor sheet to fit on a black card base, leaving a strip of black to show through. I also glued some clear dew drops to add to the watercolor look.


Thanks for looking!
Be sure to take advantage of our store closing sale!   Details are here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

1 comment:

Gail said...

Your background is beautiful! Lovely creation TFS