Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year

Happy New Year, it is Shirley posting today.   Are you all making any New Year's resolutions?   Personally,  I am not, I generally break mine before the first week is up and sometimes on the first day.  ~Smile~  

Every year I make New Year's cards to send to some of my friends that may not have gotten a Christmas card from me due to time running out before I could get them made or in the mail.  I will share the card that I made to send this year.

I started my card using black card stock and layering it with two different patterns of designer paper. I used Super Gold Metallic card stock to cut the gold strip to layer under my black border made with Our Daily Bread Designs Beautiful Borders die.

I cut a black circle and layered it using the Super Gold Metallic card stock that was cut with the Spellbinders Teardrop Circles die. The Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiment was stamped and layered on the top of the tear drop circle.

I used the Memory Box Over The Moon and Stars die to cut the large moon.  I placed silver and gold sequins over my card to give it a holiday appeal.

Have a wonderful day.


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details. Come and join the fun!



Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Love this card of celebration for New Year's - the black, white and gold make a terrific combination, and the "moon" in the skies shows how late we stay up to welcome in the New Year! Love the border and the placement of those sequins to give it a lot of extra shine!!